Read these guidelines to ensure that your post gets approved.
Being a community blog, we encourage you to contribute an original article related to the topic of our blog in order to showcase themselves in front of a wide audience.
The Music Box is a band rehearsal facility in Dallas, TX. Our blog is one of our efforts to provide resources, news and guidance to our local music scene. The purpose here is to help you to reach out to a new audience base, share your talents, and perhaps most importantly, give something back to the community.
Here are some tips that will help you to get your article accepted and published:
- Head over to the homepage and check out the first few pages to understand what kind of articles we publish here and what kind of articles users engage with the most.
- Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers.
- You have to be a blogger or a genuine reader who has something to write and share for the The Music Box community.
- Here are a few of the categories that we accept articles from. Do remember to do a search on our Blog to avoid submitting already published ideas.
- Tips and Tricks
- Listifed articles (Top 5 Beat Making Software)
- Music Industry Insight
- Song or Artist Backstory
A few things to remember before submitting your guest post:
- Article Quality: Articles should be a minimum of 2000 words and should cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like the third verse of a song; no one loves incomplete articles. We take quality as one of the major considerations in accepting guest posts. To ensure your article gets published, write a very original piece which is written specifically for the performing musician.
- Credit: The Music Box respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use on your post. Please give credit where credit is needed.
- Screenshot + Video: Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your message, but don’t add them just for the sake of it. If you are writing tutorials, take a screenshot.
- If you are a video blogger, you can submit your video to The Music Box’s Youtube channel. Just create a video, drop us an email, and we will tell you how to submit videos.
- Self-promotion: We allow genuine contribution and provide an opportunity to showcase your artist profile at the end of the article. You will get a chance to build a brand for yourself by contributing a post to The Music Box.
- Copyright: We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from The Music Box. Also, by submitting a post to The Music Box, you give us copyright ownership of the post. This helps us to deal with any DMCA related issues.
- Comment: Comments are the conversations about your published article. Answer any queries related to your article via the comments. This will give you more exposure and help out your readers.